Cheap flights to Port Elizabeth
Port Elizabeth is the largest economic hub of the Eastern Cape province in South Africa and is one of the country's larger seaports.The city, often shortened to PE, is also known as the friendly city or the windy city; and is the gateway to the beautiful Sunshine Coast. This unique city is known for its long coastline of world-class beaches and beautiful wildlife attractions. And just a stone's throw outside of Port Elizabeth is Jeffrey's Bay, one of the foremost surf destinations in the world.
FlySafair offers customers cheap flights to Port Elizabeth from Johannesburg, Cape Town and Durban. In Johannesburg, our PE flights operate from O.R.Tambo International Airport.
The frequency of flights is adjusted seasonally with more flights in the popular summer months and fewer in the winter, but we operate daily flights from Cape Town, Joburg and Durban to Port Elizabeth. Click here to see our full schedule
Situated between winter and summer rainfall regions, Port Elizabeth does experience rain throughout the year but generally maintains a temperate sub-tropical climate, making it a great place to enjoy outdoor activities.
- Play a round of golf at the Walmer Country Club
- Visit the Kragga Kamma Game Park
- Catch a game at the Nelson Mandela Bay Stadium
- Check out the Air Force Museum
- Head to Jeffrey’s Bay for a Surf
- Visit the Boardwalk Casino & Entertainment World
- Take a day-trip to Grahamstown
- Shop till you drop at Greenacres Mall
- Walk with the giants at the Addo Elephant National Park
- See the penguins at the Marine Rehabilitation and Education Centre
- For more interesting things to do - click here
- For the Love of Wine, Stanley St, PE
- Grass Roof Farmstall, Lovemore Park, PE
- Fushin Sushi, Stanley St, PE
- Mellas Noodle and Dim-Sum Bar, Brain St, PE
- Ginger, Marine Dr, PE
- Barney’s Tavern, Marine Dr, PE
- Elephant Walk, Colleen Glen AH, PE
- Tabú, Marine Dr, PE
- Friendly Stranger, South End, PE
Port Elizabeth is home to a number of great hotels, campsites and guesthouses. There’s something to meet every personality and pocket in friendly PE. Customers who book cheap flights to Port Elizabeth with FlySafair are also able to secure great accommodation rates with our hotel partner Booking.com. Search below for affordable places to stay in Port Elizabeth.
PE has a huge variety of colourful food trucks popping up all over the city. Here are a few lip-smacking delights to try:
The Taco Box
Sell: Freshly made tacos with a variety of flavours
Where to find them: Events and festivals
Sell: Chinese-inspired dishes such as; Dim sum plates, sweet and sour chicken and spring rolls.
Where to find them: Major sporting event and social events around the Eastern Cape.
Makoy Food Truck
Sell: Hearty burgers, interesting salads and delicious curries
Where to find them: Big events and festivals around the Eastern Cape
Baakens Food Truck Friday
Most of these food truck favourites can be found at Baakens Food Truck Friday market, which happens once a month in PE.