Cheap Flights to Johannesburg
The bustling city of Johannesburg forms the major economic hub of the country. Established around the gold mining rush of the1880s, Johannesburg fast grew into the country’s biggest city and is also the largest city in the world that isn’t built around a natural water source. Johannesburg is also the world’s biggest man-made forest. With over 10 million trees, the city actually classifies as a forest.These trees work to combat the greenhouse effect and help to reduce the noise in this magnificent urban jungle.
FlySafair offers cheap flights to Johannesburg from all major cities in South Africa including Cape Town, Durban, Port Elizabeth, George and East London. We operate most flights out of O.R. Tambo International Airport, but also offer flights to Cape Town and George from Lanseria International Airport.
Our flight schedules tend to fill up more in the popular summer months when we increase our frequency of flights into and out of Johannesburg. Click here for a full view of our schedule.
Being a large and active city, Johannesburg is simply bursting with great things to do. Beyond the spoils of city life also lies the opportunity to get out into the great South African bushveld to explore the Highveld. Here’s a list of a few great things to do in Jozi:
- Visit the Maboneng Precinct for shopping and restaurants
- Check out the constitutional court of the country at Constitution Hill
- Catch a show at the Market Theatre
- Visit the Johannesburg Zoo
- Relax in the beautiful Emmarentia Park
- Visit the Braamfontein NeighbourGoods Market
- Shop designer brands in Sandton City Mall
- Learn about South African history at the Apartheid Museum
- Explore the history of icon Nelson Mandela with visits to Vilakazi Street and Liliesleaf Farm
- Head out of town to the Pilanesburg Nature Reserve
- Visit the Voortrekker Monument in Pretoria
- Explore trendy 27 Boxes in Melville
- Catch a game at the FNB Stadium or Ellis Park Stadium
- Check out the SAB World of Beer
The Jozi food scene is something everyone needs to experience. With a range of gourmet hot spots and trendy restaurants, you’ll be spoilt for choice on where to enjoy a good meal with friends. Here are some of our favourites:
- Gemelli Cucina Bar, Posthouse Link Centre, Main Rd, Bryanston
- DW Eleven-13, Dunkeld West Shopping Centre, Dunkeld
- Café Del Sol Botanico, Bryanston Shopping Centre, Bryanston
- Saigon Suzy, Jan Smuts Ave, Parkwood
- People’s Republic of Noodles (PRON), 7th St, Randburg
- Fireroom Sushi and Grill, Monte Casino, Fourways
- The Potato Shed, New Town, Johannesburg
- Pablo Eggs-Go-Bar, Melville, Johannesburg
- Brian Lara Rum Eatery, 4th Ave, Linden, Randburg
- 10. Leafy Greens Café, Rocky Ridge Rd, Muldersdrift
Johannesburg offers a wide range of accommodation options to suit all personalities and budgets. Customers who book cheap flights to Johannesburg with FlySafair are also able to get great accommodation rates through our hotel partner Booking.com. Use the below table to search availabilities in Johannesburg or in nearby Pretoria.
Sell: Juicy burgers made with traditional flatbread from Serbia.
Where to find them: Braamfontein at the Neighbourgoods Market every Saturday, the Market on Main in Maboneng, and every Sunday at the Fourways Farmers Market.
Sell: Fresh, street-style sushi.
Where to find them: Festivals around the country and private/ corporate events.
The Bearded Fella
Sell: Delicious gourmet pizza.
Where to find them: Music festivals, corporate events or at The Hoods in Sandton.