Cheap flights to George
The small town of George is in many ways the gateway to the greater Garden Route area. Nestled at the feet of the Outeniqua Mountain, George itself is a picturesque, sleepy town. Golfers are especially spoilt in this area with a wide range of world-renowned courses between Mossel Bay and Plettenberg Bay. George Airport is also the closest airport to the popular towns of Knysna, Groot Brak and Oudtshoorn.
FlySafair offers customers cheap flights to George from Johannesburg. The frequency of our flights differs seasonally, but flights are almost daily. In the winter, when demand is lower there may be fewer flights, but as demand increases in the summertime there will be more flights. FlySafair operates flights between O.R.Tambo International Airport and we are the only airline that operates between George and Lanseria International Airport. Click here to see our full flight schedule.
The Garden Route is a treat anytime of the year. Summer time is incredible for enjoying the great outdoors, and the green winters offer ample opportunities for good wine, fresh oysters and warm log fires. Here’s a quick list of fun things to do in and around George:
- Get in a round of golf at world famous Fancourt
- Eat fresh oysters in Knysna
- Hit the beaches in Plettenberg Bay
- Take a tour of Featherbed Nature Reserve
- Check out the Bartolomeu Dias Museum in Mossel Bay
- Enjoy some shopping at the Garden Route Mall
- Cruise out into the Knysna Heads on John Ben
- Visit Elephants and the Knysna Elephant Park
- Enjoy the Sedgefield Wild Oats Market
- Go Paragliding in Wilderness
Getting around George
The public transport infrastructure in George and the rest of the Garden Route is not particularly well established. As a result, we highly advise renting a car. Not only will this make getting around a lot easier, but it’ll also work out to be quite cost-effective depending on the distances that you’re looking to cover. Customers who book cheap flights to George with FlySafair are also able to secure a 15% discount on Car Rental if a booking is made with our partners at First Car Rental while making a flight reservation.
- The Bayleaf Café, Cathedral St, George
- The Bench Eatery and Bar,York St, George
- The Fat Fish,York St, George
- Henry White’s at Fancourt, Montagu St, George
- La Locanda,York St, George
- Transkaroo, Great Brak River, George
- The Old Townhouse Restaurant,York St, George
- 101 Meade Street Restaurant, Meade St George
- Dutton’s Cove Restaurant, Herolds Bay, George
- La Cantina, Montagu St, George
George and the rest of the towns in the Garden Route are holiday favourites, which means that that there are loads of different accommodation options available to travellers: from campsites to five-star luxury hotels. Customers who book cheap flights to George with FlySafair are also eligible to get great accommodation rates with our hotel partners at Booking.com. Click here to check out what’s available in the Garden Route.
Sell: Pulled pork and roast beef sandwiches, brisket flatbreads and more.
Where to find them:This seven-metre-long caravan-turned-food truck can be found in Plettenberg Bay in the summer.
Sell:Traditional German sausages as well as a signature spicy currywurst.
Where to find them: At the Friday Night Market at Narnia Village, Knysna, from 4pm to 8 pm, and at Mosaic Market in Sedgefield from 8 am to 2 pm on Saturdays.
Sell: Breakfast in a cup, banting salads, gluten-free chocolate brownies and more
Where to find them:You’ll find this truck of delights in and around Knysna