Cheap Flights to East London
Situated on the South East coast of South Africa, East London is located between the Buffalo and Nahoon Rivers. East London and the Eastern Cape are home to an abundance of wildlife and spectacular scenery. The area enjoys a temperate climate and is a great destination for surfing and other beach activities. The city also provides an amazing opportunity to discover and engage with the rich culture of the Xhosa people.
FlySafair offers customers cheap flights to East London from Johannesburg, Cape Town and Durban. The frequency of our flights depends on our seasonal schedule and travellers can generally expect a greater frequency of flights in the summer months. Click here to view our current schedule.
The beautiful coast of the Eastern Cape offers a wide range of fun activities. Travellers mostly enjoy the beautiful surroundings and wide open spaces, but the city itself also offers an array of activities to suit all personalities:
- Hike or trail run the beautiful Tilty Hill Trail
- Surf away at the many beautiful beaches
- Enjoy a round of golf at the East London Golf Club
- Visit the Ann Bryant Art Gallery
- Check out the Lion Park
- Take a stroll along Gonubie Beach
- Experience a famous Friesland Milk Bar milkshake
- Go for a horseback ride on the beach.
- Go for a sunset cruise in the harbour
- Enjoy some craft beer at the Emerald Vale Brewery
1. The Grill Room, Esplanade, East London
2. Sea Spirit Fish Market, Parkside, East London
3. Sanook Café, Berea, East London
4. Grazia Fine Food & Wine, Quigney, East London
5. Lavender Blue Market, Old Gonubie Rd, East London 6. Irana Indian Cuisine, Berea, East London
7. The Cricketer, Gonubie Broads, East London
8. Murambi Rose Café, Sunrise-on-Sea, East London
9. German Taste, Quigney, East London
10. Tea in the Trees, Chintsa, Amatola Coastal
East London is home to a number of hotels and guest lodges to suit all pockets and personalities. Click here to find cheap accommodation in East London with our hotel partner, Booking.com.
Getting around East London
There's not a great deal of public transport in East London so we highly recommend renting a car when visiting. Customers who book cheap flights with FlySafair are able to save 15% on their car rental when booking a car with First Car Rental while making their reservation.
East London weather
Summer temperatures in East London can climb into the early forties, so it can get very hot there. Generally summer spans from November through to late March, with the hottest month being February.
The region sees the greatest rainfall during October and November.
Winter is generally dry and temperatures are known to drop into single digits in June, July and August.