Cheap Flights to Durban
Durban is one of South Africa's three largest cities and is home to the country's biggest and busiest port. While Durban remains an important economic hub within the country it is also an incredibly popular tourist destination for foreigners and locals alike. Not only are the surroundings beautiful, but the tropical climate and warm ocean water make it a top beaching destination. One of the top tourist hot spots in Durban is The Golden Mile, a pristine stretch of beachfront right in front of the city.
FlySafair offers cheap flights to Durban from Johannesburg, Cape Town, Port Elizabeth And East London. Depending on the season we operate a differing number of flights from each destination to Durban, with more flights in the summer months. Click here to view our full schedule.
Durban weather is very agreeable for most of the year, making it an awesome place for outdoor activities. A few top Durban things to do include:
- Beaching on the gorgeous Golden Mile
- Visiting uShaka Marine World and Water Park
- Shopping at the Gateway Theatre of Shopping
- Visiting the Suncoast Casino
- Checking out the Umgeni River Bird Park
- Catching a game at the Moses Mabida Stadium
- Browsing the Durban Botanical Gardens
- Catching a surf
- Test your nerves with a Shark Dive
- Try a famous Durban Curry
From its famously delicious curries to stellar seafood, Durban pumps all year round with trendy foodie spots that you and your taste buds will love. Here are just a few places for you to try:
- Republik, Broadway, Durban
- Greedy Buddha, Umhlanga Ridge, Umhlanga
- Parc Café, Glenwood, Durban
- 9th Ave Bistro, Morningside, Durban
- Freedom Café, Greyville, Durban
- The Oyster Box Grill Room and Ocean Terrace, Umhlanga Rocks,Durban
- Delish Sisters, Salt Rock, Durban
- Mali’s Indian Restaurant, Morningside, Durban
- Bel Punto, Umdloti, Durban
- Fish on Florida, Morningside, Durban
Durban offers a great array of hotels, lodges and guesthouses. While the city is quite large, it’s fairly easy to navigate, and finding central accommodation is seldom an issue. Search below to find cheap accommodation in Durban with our hotel partner, Booking.com.
With food trucks popping up all over Durban, you can enjoy a delectable range of snacks to go. Here are a few to look out for:
Sell: Durban’s three best foods — Burgers, Bunnies and Boeries.
Where to find them: Sporting days and events around the city.
The Ameri-Canteen Food truck
Sell: USA-inspired snacks from corndogs to pulled pork burgers.
Where to find them: Outdoor events, markets and festivals around the city.
Sell: Artisanal hot beverages.
Where to find them: Florida Road, markets and festivals.