30% Off Sale - 23 August 2018
- This sale takes place between 12 AM and 11:59 PM on Thursday the 23rd of August 2018.
- The 30% off* offer is only applicable to flights departing between 23 August 2018 and 30 April 2019.
- The 30% discount will be automatically applied to the airfare before any airport taxes or extras are added to the purchase. For clarity, airport taxes and extras will not be discounted by 30%.
- The offer is available on all routes operated between the above periods.
- The 30% off* offer is only available through our website at www.flysafair.co.za. It is not available through our call centre or other distribution partners.
- The 30% discount applies to fares for Children 2 years and older, but does not apply to fares for infants who are under the age of 2. Infants under the age of 2 are charged 15% of the going adult fare. For the avoidance of doubt this will be 15% of the adult fare before the 30% off* discount has been calculated. Please also note that the ages reflected here are the relevant age of the child at the time of travel, not at the time of making the reservation.
- Fares displayed on our search results page will already include the 30% discount. This will be automatically applied to the the net fare. You will be able to see the original price listed along side with a strikethrough. The discount can be reviewed in your booking basket which is located on the right-hand side of your screen on desktop or by tapping the basket total at the top of your screen on mobile.
- This offer excludes group bookings of 15 or more people.
- The offer is available on approximately 2.3 million seats.
- The prices advertised in conjunction with this sale are our "base prices". That is to say that these are the starting prices at which the first seats on these flights will sell. As the flights fill up, the flight prices will increase incrementally, but the 30% off* discount will be automatically applied to all seats regardless of the price.
- Remember that all standard terms and conditions of booking and carriage will apply to these seats. These include change fees, and fare differences when changing tickets which could effectively erode the 30% off* benefit.
- Please note that this discount will not be applied to difference in fare calculations inherent to changing existing tickets.
- All sales are final, and a successful booking is guaranteed once payment has been completed.
- When various people are viewing the same flight online at the same time, the first person to successfully complete their payment will be allocated that fare. This could result in the runner up being required to start booking again at a now potentially higher fare
General Promotional Rules and Terms & Conditions
- Promotions on this website are run by the Promoter: Safair Operations (Proprietary) Limited, trading as FlySafair, (reg. no. 2007/032915/07) (“FlySafair”, “us”, “we” or “our”).
- Any price advertised will, unless otherwise stated, include VAT and all other legally required statutory charges such as, but not limited to, Passenger Safety Fees, Passenger Security Fees and South African Civil Aviation Fees.
- Prices advertised are subject to availability and are sold to the first customers who manage to effect payment therefore. Ticket prices will increase incrementally as seats on a flight sell out.
- Promotional flight prices are subject to a successful purchase, which includes the conclusion of complete payment for the booking created. For the purpose of clarity, if a booking expires because of non-payment for any reason, the booking will not be re-instated by FlySafair at the promotional prices, but rather the current prices will apply.
- Unless otherwise specified, special and promotional fares do not apply to group bookings of more than 14 people.
- Who can enter: Unless otherwise stated in the section relating to a specific promotion below, you are entitled to participate in this competition or promotion if you are a natural person who is at least 18 years old. Also, you may NOT participate if you are a supplier of goods or services in connection with this competition, or if you are a director, member, partner, employee, agent of, or consultant to Safair or any other entity directly or indirectly controlling or controlled by either of Safair, or if you are any of the aforementioned persons' spouse, life partner, parent, child, brother, sister or business partner.
- How to enter: Details of how to enter or participate in any promotion are listed in the section relating to the specific promotion below.
- How many times you can enter: Unless otherwise stated, each person is entitled to one entry only.
- Entry fees: There are no entry fees to participate in the promotions or competitions. Please see the section relating to a specific promotion below to see if additional charges or purchases are required to participate.
- By entering our competitions or promotions your email details may be stored for marketing activities. Any correspondence sent to you will have a clear opt-out should you wish to unsubscribe from marketing correspondence from FlySafair.
- Notification of Winner(s): The winner will be notified telephonically and via email. Safair will attempt contact with the winner at least 3 times, but if Safair is unable to contact the winner within 3 days, such winner will forfeit his/her prize and Safair reserves the right to redraw such prize. The winner will be announced on FlySafair’s Facebook page located at https://www.facebook.com/flysafair. The judge's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into with a competition participant other than the winner. The winner will be asked to provide his/her name, surname, ID number, delivery address and telephone number (the “Participant Information”). An ID number is a legal requirement under regulation 11(6)(i) of the CPA for a promoter of a competition to record the prize winner’s ID number (not necessarily a copy of their ID). Once we have received this information, we will send the prize to the winner as soon as possible. Safair may require the winner to provide it with additional information in order to determine the winner and to process and/or facilitate the winner's acceptance and/or use of the prize. Should the winner fail to accept delivery of the prize, the winner will forfeit the prize and Safair reserves the right to award the prize to another eligible entrant. Proof of identity may be required to receive a prize and Safair reserves the right to refuse handing over of a prize to a potential winner who refuses to, or cannot provide sufficient documentation to verify his/her identity.
- Forfeit: There are certain situations in which a winner will forfeit his/her prize, namely: (i) he/she has already won one prize in this competition;(ii) he/she fails to provide Participant Information within 24 hours of it being requested by Safair; (iii) he/she is found to have contravened any other rule set out herein; (iv) he/she fails to accept delivery of the prize after Safair has made at least two attempts to deliver it; or (v) it is unlawful for that winner to receive that prize. In the event of a forfeit, Safair shall be entitled in its sole discretion to select another winner from amongst the participants. Regarding the application of these rules and the selection of winners in terms hereof, Safair’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into with a competition participant other than the winners. Proof of identity may be required to receive the prize and we reserve the right to refuse handing over of the prize to a potential winner who refuses to, or cannot provide sufficient documentation to verify his/her identity.
- Use of participant and winner information: By participating in this competition, you consent to the use by Safair or a third party nominated by Safair of your Participant Information, so that your name and surname, as well as entry can be announced and displayed on the Safair website, social media sites, and your prize can be delivered to you. The winner may also be asked to participate in marketing activities, including having his/her photograph taken or being filmed, but he/she will be entitled to decline to do so.
- Unforeseen events: In the event of unforeseen circumstances or causes beyond our reasonable control, we reserve the right to cancel this competition, or to change the rules at our discretion, or to change the prize at any time without notice to you. Events may occur that render the prize draw itself or the awarding of the prize impossible due to reasons beyond the control of FlySafair and FlySafair may at its absolute discretion vary or amend the promotion and the entrant agrees that no liability shall attach to FlySafair as a result thereof.
- Rules: By participating in any competition, you agree to all the competition rules set out above, without exception. A copy of these competition rules is made available at http://www.flysafair.co.za.